Join us as a Junior Buyer
and explore the Foodservice world.
A Junior Buyer is responsible for assisting a department Buyer. Buyers
are responsible for thousands of transactions made each day to fill the
stores with product. You will learn buying strategies to purchase and
arrange timely deliveries. You will also develop and execute strategies
for assortment, pricing, and market research.
These tasks are completed through daily communication and relationship
building with vendors, customers, and store managers. Buyers need to have
a passion for tasting and developing new food products and are obligated to
understand new ongoing trends in the market place.
• Purchase items from assigned vendors at the lowest possible price.
• Maintain accurate, comprehensive data in current buying system.
• Purchase merchandise on a timely basis.
• Review and maintain seasonality for merchandise assigned.
• Maintain inventory levels and turns at budget.
• Develop consistent and effective use of daily, weekly, periodic and
• Assist with determining needed promotional items.
• Reconcile invoices and resolve any discrepancies with Accounting.
• Participate in cross team communications and maintain open communication
with procurement manager(s), division merchandisers, and vendors.
• Assist Logistics department with reviewing, analyzing and recommend
inbound transportation opportunities.
• Maintain active communication with marketing department to develop
monthly catalogs of sale items.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or other
related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of Procurement principles and skills.
• Strong oral and written communication, organizational and analytical skills.
• Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the capability to make
decisions on your own.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Access).
• Experience in the food industry is beneficial, but not necessary.