Job Title: John Deere – Engine Integration Engineer
Position location: Waterloo, IA
Kelly Services Inc., a leading Engineering staffing firm in the US, is seeking an Engine Integration Engineer in East Waterloo, IA for John Deere, for a long-term assignment through Kelly Services Inc.
John Deere Profile:
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
As an Engine Integration Engineer, for John Deere Power Systems, you will define design scope, option requirements and top engine bill of materials for internal vehicle applications. In addition, you will:
- Coordinate detailed design discussions between vehicle groups, application component designers, and base engine designers to integrate and optimize engine designs into the vehicle and contribute to vehicle differentiation in the market.
- Create component and sub-system specifications to meet performance and reliability goals for the various stage II, III, Tier IV and V engine applications across the enterprise.
- Create engineering layouts and assemblies using Creo and PDI.
- Manage design interfaces with vehicle engineering groups and manage change control of engine BOMs and Creo shrinkwraps of engine assemblies.
- Coordinate prototype engine release for internal vehicle applications, managing scope and release schedule to established APDP milestones.
- Represent the JDPS matrix design organization, serving as the design liaison to Application Engineering and Vehicle Design Engineering.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field.
- ProE / Creo experience.
- Experience executing multiple projects with minimal management oversight.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and react to and manage frequent changes.
- Demonstrated skills in communication of technical data and project information.
- Experience in diesel engine design, engine performance, or vehicle applications.
Kelly Services requires candidates to be either US Citizen, Permanent Resident or have a valid visa that does not require employer sponsorship prior to hire date. Kelly Services does offer future sponsorship options such as H1B.
Please contact Engineering Recruiter Deanna Saulsbury at Deanna.Saulsbury@kellyservices.com for immediate consideration or apply directly to this job posting.
Kelly® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today.
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity, and is committed to employing a diverse workforce