Structural Engineer Fall Co-Op will contribute to a fast-paced growing team in the SMEP (Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing) Engineering department and will perform tasks independently while working closely with individual team members to ensure that objectives are met.
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges and cultivate your curiosity, and meet our clients’ evolving needs by working alongside the best engineers in the industry. We look for people who want to grow, support, think, and produce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist senior engineers in designing and drafting for structures in industrial and manufacturing facilities and architectural projects;
- Assists senior engineers with calculations;
- Assist senior engineer with design in AutoCAD, Revit, and RISA structural software;
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles in structural steel, timber, masonry, and reinforced concrete design;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Skills Required:
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering;
- 3.0 GPA or higher;
- Excellent communication, writing, and computer skills are mandatory;
- Sound knowledge of structural engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with design, drafting or engineering software such as AutoCAD; Revit, RISA structural software;
- Must be a team player and possess a collaborative attitude;
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change;
- Be self-motivated ;
- Prior internship and/or related engineering experience are a plus.
Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (Loureiro) is an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’ s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP Statement Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.