June 21st, 2021 Start Date
WHILE THERE IS A DEADLINE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION,
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED IN REAL TIME BY OUR INTERNAL ADVOCATES.
FOR THIS REASON STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and entrepreneurial start-up that gives you exposure to all facets of the firm? Are you seeking to hone your business acumen or jump start a career in the business services sector? Do you want to learn and collaborate with a high-spirited, energized team? Read on!
Who are we?
Magellan Research Group is a fast-growing, information services firm founded in 2014. As an expert network, we connect subject matter experts with key decision-makers at top hedge funds and private equity groups seeking a deep understanding of companies and industries before making major business decisions.
What does an Associate do?
As an Associate, you will digest incoming requests from our clients and will use your tenacity and creativity to source the best experts in the industry. Your work will be integral to our client relationships and will directly drive revenue for the company.
Who will love this job:
- An engaging communicator, you have no fear on the phone and have excellent writing abilities for crafting strategic outreach to industry experts.
- You are excited by the opportunity to engage with C-level executives from Fortune 500 companies across all industries and business models.
- You thrive in a tight-knit environment with close camaraderie with your peers, and you love a good joke!
- You are not easily deterred; you understand the value of persistence and barriers only spur you on.
- You are a creative thinker and are unafraid to approach a challenge in an unconventional way to produce optimal results.
- You are fiercely internally motivated, driven to beat your own personal best while also being an excellent teammate.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working in teams
- Sourcing (recruiting) and research experience a bonus but not required
- Sales experience a bonus but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At this time, Magellan is considering applicants who both wish to work remote full time or in our New York City office. The Start Date for this position is April 5th, 2021.
Whilst it is not required, we highly encourage a cover letter describing the following:
- What skills are you most interested in developing in your career in the next 1-3 years?
- Describe the ideal role you’re looking for