Mainstream Engineering Corporation is a solutions-oriented research, development and manufacturing organization founded in 1986. Our mission is to develop and implement emerging technologies into military and private sector products that provide a technological advantage. Areas of expertise include power electronics, thermal control, energy conversion, turbomachinery, and sensors. For more information on our firm, please visit us on the web at www.mainstream-engr.com
Due to continued growth, we are seeking talented Electrical Research & Development Engineers. This position plays a critical role in developing electronics products related to thermal control and energy conversion. Successful candidates will provide innovative engineering in the design and layout of PCBs, programming of microcontrollers, and design/implementation of analog circuitry and testing.
Specific Duties and Competencies:
- Develop electronic control equipment for thermal control and energy conversion equipment.
- Design, layout (Altium), fabricate, and test printed circuit boards and program controllers for a wide array of equipment.
- Develop all electronics from the PCB to the mechanical equipment (starting circuits, capacitors, wire harnesses, etc.)
- Design lab test instrumentation for concept evaluation
- Use tools such as Labview, C/C++, LTSPICE, and MATLAB to aid in modeling, verification and validation
- BS in electrical engineering required with a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Internship experience required for entry level candidates
- Prior experience as a technician is a plus
- Experience programming various microcontrollers and interfacing to peripherals
- Experience with common microcontroller communication protocols
- Knowledge of electronic components and power supplies including how to vet them for various applications
- Proficient in schematics and layouts
- Knowledge of CAD software desired
- United States Citizenship required due to US Government ITAR program restrictions
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply via the external application.
Mainstream Engineering Corporation is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Mainstream Engineering Corporation is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Mike Boyle in Human Resources at 321-631-3550 or firstname.lastname@example.org
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Priority referrals of protected veterans welcome