**Please apply for this position directly on our website using the following link:
Overview and Job Description
Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment? Do you have an analytical mind and attention to detail but also possess an aptitude for creative solutions and storytelling? Are you interested in working with pharmaceutical manufacturers?
Milliman is looking for a Health Practice Associate who possess all of the aforementioned skills and interests. As an associate, you will work with a multidisciplinary team to develop and execute solutions based on research and data-driven analyses. The solutions support pharmaceutical manufacturers’ payer marketing strategy for pipeline and launched assets. You will be part of a dynamic client delivery team and receive mentoring from colleagues on your team. However, a basic understanding of data interpretation, general grammatical awareness, and project management capabilities are necessary.
Milliman is among the world’s largest independent consulting and actuarial firms. Our clients represent nearly every segment of stakeholders in the global healthcare system. The Indianapolis Health Practice consults for many of the top 20 pharmaceutical manufacturers, including 8 of the 10 largest companies. We leverage the expertise of all of our team members to address our pharmaceutical clients’ critical business questions. We have an entrepreneurial environment, which means your career will only be bound by your ability to execute on responsibilities, curiosity to develop additional skills, and ability to deliver client results.
Work sponsorship is not offered with this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
On a typical project, your role would include:
- Performing secondary research (e.g., literature review, industry research) and summarizing findings
- Contributing to marketing campaign development including writing copy and coordinating resources necessary to finalize collateral (e.g., creative design, data)
- Interpreting data analyses and presenting the results in a visually appealing manner
- Perform basic analytics or testing of a data set to check reasonability of results
- Developing visually appealing client presentations with direction from more senior team members
- Reviewing the work of others for clarity of message and adherence to guidelines
- Managing and implementing data-driven analysis plans to address project objectives
On a daily basis, you should expect to be:
- Meeting with senior team members to gain a clear understanding of project goals, expectations, and activities
- Proactively managing daily activities, working independently with direction from senior team members
- Participating in client meetings and executing on next steps
- Carrying out other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned in collaboration with team members
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a business, business analytics or other business-related degree with a technical/quantitative specialization (e.g., industrial management, economics, statistics)
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Natural curiosity and learning agility when faced with an unfamiliar subject
- Attention to detail and quality
- Experience using PowerPoint
- Aptitude for understanding and interpreting data then communicating results
- Experience using Microsoft Excel or similar software to perform quantitative analysis
- Ability to work independently and desire to work in a pragmatic, fast-paced environment