Overview and Job Description
Are you completing your junior year of college and looking to develop consulting skills in a firm working with pharmaceutical manufacturers? Are you looking for a dynamic and engaging work environment? If so, consider applying for Milliman’s Health Practice Associate Intern position – you’ll be asked to apply the skills and knowledge developed in college while contributing to exciting real world projects.
Milliman is among the world’s largest independent consulting and actuarial firms. Our clients represent nearly every segment of stakeholders in the global healthcare system. The Indianapolis team consults for many of the top 20 pharmaceutical manufacturers, including 8 of the 10 largest companies. Milliman’s Indianapolis Health Practice is seeking interns assist us in addressing our pharmaceutical clients’ critical business questions.
As a Health Practice Associate Intern, you will be paired with a team of 2-3 consultants. You will focus on developing and executing solutions based on research and data-driven analyses in support of payer marketing strategy and collateral for pipeline and in market assets. You will support your team in completing projects that rely on quantitative and qualitative data. During the internship, you will have the ability to participate in weekly learning sessions, book clubs, and 1:1 sessions with senior colleagues. At the end of the internship, you will present your project(s) to team members. Outside of the office, social activities specifically for interns and new employees may be scheduled.
Work sponsorship is not offered with this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
On a typical project, your role would include:
- Performing secondary research (e.g., literature review, industry research) and summarizing findings
- Contributing to marketing campaign development including writing copy and coordinating resources necessary to finalize collateral (e.g., creative design, data)
- Developing and implementing data-driven analysis plans to address project objectives
- Developing visually appealing client presentations with direction from more senior team members
On a daily basis, you should expect to be:
- Meeting with senior team members to gain a clear understanding of project goals, expectations, and activities
- Proactively managing daily activities, working independently with direction from senior team members
- Participating in client meetings and executing on next steps
- Carrying out other duties, tasks, and projects as assigned in collaboration with team members
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university in a business, business analytics or other business-related degree with a technical/quantitative specialization (e.g., industrial management, economics, statistics)
- Attention to detail and quality
- Exposure to Microsoft Excel or other similar software for quantitative analysis
- Aptitude for understanding and interpreting data then communicating results
- Experience using PowerPoint for presentations
- Natural curiosity and learning agility when faced with an unfamiliar subject
- Ability to work independently and desire to work in a pragmatic, fast-paced environment