**Please apply for this position directly on our website using the following link:
The healthcare consulting practice located in the Indianapolis office of Milliman provides consulting services to a broad array of clients in the healthcare field with primary focus on Medicaid and Pharmaceutical consulting. We are looking for a graduate-level intern with interest in state Medicaid policy and operations that would like to join a new and rapidly growing policy practice. This position provides excellent opportunities for professional development and growth in state and national health policy issues. This position is ideal for a self-motivated individual interested in a fast-paced, high growth opportunity with a progressive employer. This is a full-time, 12-week, paid position with a tentative start date of June 8th.
We are looking for an individual with interest in health public policy research (preferably Medicaid or other healthcare subject matter) to join our healthcare policy and operations consulting team. This position provides excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement. This position is ideal for a self-motivated individual interested in a fast-paced, high growth opportunity with a progressive employer.
- Conduct, summarize and document research to support engagements for health clients in areas such as:
- Policy design, development and implementation
- Payment methodologies and provider rate development for hospitals, physicians, nursing facilities, home and community-based service and other providers
- Medicaid managed care waiver program design, implementation and evaluation
- Medicaid demonstration waiver program design, implementation and evaluation
- Federal financing options and related compliance for Medicaid programs
- Keep abreast of trends and regulatory changes affecting health clients
- Assist with report writing and development of presentation materials
- Communicate results to internal stakeholders
- Ensure quality control processes and procedures are followed
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Completion of at least one year of Doctor of Jurisprudence, Master of Public Administration or Affairs, Master of Public Health, Master of Healthcare Administration, Master of Business Administration or related studies preferred.
- Strong organization and time management skills with attention to detail to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to strategically and creatively process information and communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently manage own work.
- Superior problem-solving capabilities and superior learning agility.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to apply skills learned on one project to subsequent analyses.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.