Mutual of Omaha is HIRING and WE are interested in talking to YOU! Join forces with a company that can amplify your strengths and empower your career. Apply Now!
Mutual of Omaha serves over 39,000 employer groups – and the group market continues to grow. Our Sales Trainee Program provides coaching and development you need to build relationships and help you effectively sell group insurance products to brokers across the country. Our program will develop you into a successful sales rep by providing the mentorship and tools needed – it’s up to you to capitalize on them.
If you have the power to exceed expectations, and build gainful relationships, combine your power with ours and see how far you can go.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Participate in a comprehensive, apprentice style training program to develop skills and competencies in order to successfully sell group insurance products to brokers. Complete self-study, classroom training and on-site experience projects according to curriculum. Effectively contribute to classroom discussions. Participate in goal setting and progress evaluation meetings.
- Obtain direct experience by working with a seasoned mentor to market group insurance products to brokers and clients.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal business partners. Develop a high level of working knowledge about product offerings.
- Master the quoting system and underwriting processes in order to oversee the completion of content, proposals and paperwork flow throughout the field and home office.
- Stay abreast of industry and government changes affecting group insurance and maintain awareness of existing and developing market trends.
- Ability to successfully achieve criteria of Sales Trainee Program
- Competitive personality and desire to win
- Ability to build trust and meaningful relationships
- Strong communication, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Access to reliable transportation in order to attend meetings on short notice and travel within assigned territory
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the work period and a valid driver’s license
- Willingness to relocate
- Proficiency in operating a PC and related software and databases
- Must possess or attain licensed agent/producer status within 60 days of hire
- Knowledge of the insurance/financial services industry, including products and marketing practices
- Bachelor’s Degree
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- Unlimited income potential, plus base salary, travel and expense account, 401(k)
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Real world experience, not just classroom training
- Dedicated mentor from our Sales Leadership Academy that will train you through our apprentice style program
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.