NADAP, Inc. is a multi-service non-profit agency dedicated to helping people with medical, behavioral health and social service needs to become self sufficient. NADAP has 49 years of experience operating programs that assist disadvantaged populations in New York City and Nassau County.
NADAP’s services include health insurance enrollment, assessment, care coordination, case management, professional training, and job preparation, placement and retention services. NADAP provides services to more than 35,000 people annually. Visit us at www.nadap.org.
NADAP was awarded another 5 year contract by the New York State Department of Health. Our Health Insurance Navigator team currently helps New Yorkers enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace in Manhattan but also Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx starting on August 1st.
NADAP, Inc. is seeking full-time Benefits Navigators to provide health insurance enrollment and education to New York residents. The goal of the program is to educate and assist individuals and small businesses to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace including Medicaid, Child Health Plus, the Essential Plan, and Qualified Health Plans. Navigators will work with participants to enroll them online into the NY State Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Provides education and enrollment services to individuals and small businesses about the State’s healthcare plans
- Achieves monthly contractual goals
- Builds partnerships with local communities for enrollment and referral purposes.
- Works at network partner sites to actively market and promote the program to target populations
- Guides individuals through the Marketplace’s enrollment process
- Enters service information into NADAP’s database, produces weekly enrollment reports, and writes post-event reports
- Works with onsite organizations to coordinate referrals for eligible participants
- Conducts outreach to community and participates in marketing events
- Identifies and contacts eligible participants, through face-to-face outreach, email, phone
- Schedules appointments with eligible participants, and follows-up with reminders, including phone and email contact
- Attends staff meetings, trainings and providing program updates to managers
*During the current public health crisis Navigators will not be required to conduct field work
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One year of job-related experience preferably in enrollment and outreach activities
- Bilingual speaker is required (Spanish and/or Russian required)
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online research
- Able to present in group settings
- Positive attitude, flexibility, attention to detail, strong organizational skills and an ability to multitask
- Ability to work flexible hours with a rotating schedule. Working late nights and on weekends on occasion
- Comfortable with field work (approx. 50%)