New American Economy is seeking a remote, paid Policy Intern to assist with tracking and researching immigration and economy-related policies and legislation, copy editing fact sheets, writing literature reviews, and assisting with some government and political climate analysis.
Individuals who are self-starters, strong communicators, and eager to learn many aspects of a not for profit immigration research and advocacy organization are encouraged to apply.
We advocate for reform through a variety of digital and on-the-ground initiatives and through original research and policy reports. We engage our political leaders in Washington DC and across the country and we unite the diverse sectors that support reform, including tech, agriculture, business, faith, law enforcement, education, and others, in order to show that the need for reform is urgent and the case is strong.
NAE is a small team of motivated and committed individuals with diverse backgrounds in fields such as journalism, city government, economics, and immigration policy.
• Conducting research for policy reports–tracking and analyzing federal, state, and
local immigration legislation, as well as political climates.
• Research and writing for various projects including research reports, op-eds,
speeches, talking points, policy memos, blog posts, and publicity materials.
• Gathering, compiling, and organizing both qualitative and quantitative data.
• Assisting the communications department in searching for journalists/ press for report releases.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal and teamwork abilities.
• Excellent social media skills.
• Able to multi-task well and eager to work on a variety of projects.
• An interest in politics, policy, and immigration reform.
• Experience analyzing quantitative data and familiarity with data (Excel/Stata/SPSS) and design (Adobe/Wordpress) software is a plus.
INTERNSHIP DATES: November 2020 – April 2021 (Remote). Applicants must be able to work 15-29 hours per week.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.