The Office of Performance Management and Data Analytics (OPMDA) reports critical statistics and data related to HRA’s operations and program services, including New York City’s three major social services benefit programs: Cash Assistance, Medicaid, and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
OPMDA is recruiting for one (1) Performance Analyst, Level 1 (City Research Scientist I) to function as an Performance Analyst who will:
• Assist on research projects to support and enhance agency and program initiatives. Identify relevant issues and/or projects conducive to research or evaluations which are designed to provide policy and programmatic alternatives for decision makers; conduct routine analyses and assist with conducting advanced policy and program analyses based upon data techniques, and research methodologies.
• Help design projects to support the effectiveness and/or efficiency of program redesign, research and utilize program data and administrative data to manage project development and implementation within agency program areas; provide technical support to agency to assess the fiscal/social impact of proposed administrative program and policy changes; and recommend changes in existing issues/ resources needs for the agency.
• Assist with report optimization, data collection strategies and documentation. Provide quality assurance for the integration of various data sources when automating new databases. This will include verifying source file data integrity; reviewing and troubleshooting upload errors; and verifying successful uploads.
• Assist with implementing policy analysis and planning projects; design, and prepare project plans, table, charts, and graphs to track project milestones.
• Prepare/submit written reports on policy issues, research findings and recommendations; meet with representatives of HRA Program areas and other City and governmental agencies to discuss performance management projects.
• Assist in the conducting of policy analysis and briefing for the Commissioner, Executive and Senior staff.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
1. For Assignment Level I (only physical, biological and environmental sciences and public health) A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological or environmental science or in public health.
To be appointed to Assignment Level II and above, candidates must have:
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
2. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and three years of responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least a master’s degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at least two years of experience described in “2” above. Two years as a City Research Scientist Level I can be substituted for the experience required in “1” and “2” above.
Appointments to this position are subject to a minimum probationary period of one year.
Knowledge of federal and state social service programs.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.