The Camp Waterfront Director establishes and oversees all swimming and boating activities at the camp’s waterfront, supervises all staff and campers participating in swimming activities and responds to bathing and all facility emergencies. The Waterfront Director maintains required paperwork and equipment relating to the operation of the waterfront. The Waterfront Director also has Cabin Counselor responsibilities during the evenings and when not performing waterfront duties will be teaching environmental education classes to the campers. Waterfront Director is a part of the 24 camp hour program each session from check-in to check out.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Implements/oversees buddy system and board system or other approved bather accountability system
- Coordinate Life guard schedule with Camp Director
- Train and supervise waterfront staff
- Participate as a member of the camp management team to plan, direct, and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions
- Survey waterfront area daily, and keep the area free of hazards and debris.
- Supervises the campers on a 24-hour basis; are responsible for the wellbeing and health of the campers
- Teach environmental education lessons, lead trips, programs and assist as needed to fulfill the programmatic needs of the camp program.
- 21 Years old
- 2 seasons experience consisting of at least 12 weeks as a children’s camp lifeguard at a pool or beach which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time or 18 weeks of previous experience as a lifeguard at a pool or beach, which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time.
- Must be currently certified in a DOH acceptable certification as a Waterfront Lifeguard and in Lifeguard Management
- Have a CPR/AED certification acceptable to the Department of Health in its first year of certification.
- Water Safety Instructor Certification although not required would be a recognized asset for this position.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s license.
For more details, please visit our website: https://www.dec.ny.gov/education/1869.html