NextEra Energy Resources is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
The IT Front Office Financial & Trading Digital Solutions Team is seeking an Intern to engage in the development, enhancements, monitoring, and support of various applications that automate significant portions of the NextEra Energy Resources Marketing (unregulated trade floor) team’s workload, enabling in excess of $1B annual revenue.
Our fast-paced team has variety of exciting opportunities related to the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of at least one platform, dependent on your skillset and capabilities including, but not limited to:
- Load and generation forecasting – Data science & apps for all renewables generating assets
- Real-time automations – Automate various reports and data flows to customers, mgmt., ISOs, etc.
- Excel Add-Ins and APIs – Provides various functionality for traders to quickly import, export, and consolidate trading information as well as submit hundreds of bids/offers and perform scheduling activities with a few clicks (Power, Gas, & Oil Power commodities)
- Financial Transmission Rights – Drives standardized, efficient short-term congestion forecasting processes across ISOs to produce greater Financial Transmission Rights & Congestion Revenue Rights margins
- Monitoring – Health dashboards to maintain a pulse on various platforms
- NextEra Energy Marketing Operations Dashboard – User-friendly platform for external customers to view real-time and historic information for proper asset management
- Cyber Resiliency and Cyber Attack Prevention efforts
Who we are looking for:
- You have a passion for innovation and technology
- You are willing to work towards building optimal, cost effective, and high performing solutions
- You are comfortable with great responsibility and high expectations
- You are a critical thinker comfortable with prioritizing and negotiating several competing efforts and maintaining productivity through numerous context changes
- You have some familiarity with Agile teams and are a strong collaborator
- You care about the environment and want to work for a company that is in the forefront of renewables
- Customer focused and detail oriented
- Strong verbal skills to be able to communicate effectively with other developers, end users and management
- Ability to think through a problem and have good understanding of technology trends
- Willingness to learn and have fun!
Typical skillsets include:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Familiarity in working with RESTful web services
- Familiarity with testing
- Familiarity with AWS, NoSQL databases (MongoDB/DocumentDB), VSTO
- LINQ/Reflection/Multithreading), JSON, Advanced Excel Use Code Repositories such as GitHub for releases
- Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
- Prepare detailed design documents for developers to be able to effectively code and create process flow diagrams for testers and end users to understand the application functionality
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Intern
Job Category: Intern
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.