Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
In this position, you will design and deliver OSI’s control systems and provide ongoing customer support to ensure reliable performance and world-class customer satisfaction. Specific, on-the-job training will be provided. As an Electrical / Computer Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
· Design, plan, integrate, test and commission hardware and software requirements on customer systems.
· Provide technical sales support of state-of-the-art power systems applications for real-time control systems, including sales presentations and product demonstrations.
· Define project requirements through customer communication and communicate the requirements to other departments as necessary.
· Provide networking and system/application design.
· Perform hardware, software and system installation, integration and testing for projects.
· Customize system, hardware and network configuration based on customer requirements.
· Provide customer support and assistance per contract maintenance and warranty.
· Assist in creating training materials and project documentation as needed.
The responsibilities listed reflect essential functions and do not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering or related field.
· 0-5 years’ of experience.
· Knowledge of computer programming. An introduction to C programming at minimum.
· Knowledge of computer architectures, networking, databases and operating systems.
· Excellent organization, interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Strong commitment to providing superior customer service.
· Ability to work on several projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international customer sites.
· Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering or related field.
· Ability to proficiently speak Spanish.
· Strong technical background in automation and computers. Familiarity with public utilities.
· Experience in one or more of the following: power systems, electric utility operations/dispatch, real-time control systems, client/server applications, network communications, UNIX / Linux / Windows operation systems, C / C++.
· Experience with CAD and software programming.
· Active Top Secret Security Clearance
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays.
Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development. To apply, please visit https://apply.workable.com/osii/j/6076072F6C/
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Discover your future. Discover OSI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixCrpoUL5ck