Life-science holds the solutions to some of the toughest problems facing the globe, issues spanning from health and medicine to food, manufacturing, and the environment. But our pace of biotech innovation is not fast enough to keep up with the need for solutions. We need to accelerate if we are to rise to the challenges that confront us.
Biologists are held back by the need to run their experiments by hand. Manual pipetting is a tedious, error-prone process, and its slowing down science. We believe biologists should be free of monotonous labwork and the repetitive stress injuries that come with it. They should be able to spend their time designing experiments and analyzing data, moving us closer to scientific understanding and the world-changing technologies that follow.
That’s why Opentrons makes robots for biologists that are 10x cheaper and easier to use than any lab automation before. Our robots automate experiments that would otherwise be done by hand so our users can spend less time pipetting and more time pursuing answers to the 21st century’s most important questions.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. You have excellent communication skills and are results-driven. You enjoy working in a team environment and are passionate about enabling life scientists to be more productive. You are able to progress quickly in your career growth by working hard, learning fast, and taking on new responsibilities.
The Sales Development Representative is full-time role with competitive salary. The role also include stock options and benefits like 100% company subsidize health, dental, and vision insurance and a flexible WFH policy.
- Contact potential customers through phone calls and emails in coordination with Marketing campaigns
- Present our company’s automation solutions to potential customers
- Qualify potential customers as sales opportunities, based on level of interest and application area
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to management on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Strong writing and research skills
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative with a track record of achieving sales quotes
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including prospecting)
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Academic or Industry background life sciences or robotics
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Biology, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant field