OutCast’s Associate program is a paid six-month, immersive introduction to integrated communications that helps aspiring professionals build a solid foundation for a career in marketing and public relations, social media and digital strategy, and company positioning and branding.
The Associate is responsible for general account and organizational support during their tenure with OutCast. They are an integral part of the agency and work very closely across three to four account teams to compile client-ready work and recommendations.
To be successful in the role, you should have strong foundational writing skills, exhibit efficient time management, organization and prioritization skills and have the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
Who You Are:
- Excited and eager to learn and retain new information
- Able to work effectively across a variety of teams in a fast-paced environment
- Pays attention to the small details and is always focused on producing quality work
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise way; not afraid to speak up and ask smart questions
- Big-picture thinker, always asking the “why” behind things
- Extremely organized; successful in managing time and prioritizing responsibilities
What You’ll Do:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gain and practice a basic understanding of key client information, including products and services, key customers and competitors and general business strategy in day-to-day tasks
- Provide administrative support to account teams, such as drafting agendas, taking meeting notes and action items and updating activity trackers
- Track, analyze and summarize client and industry news and share high-level insights and recommendations with account teams
- Compile coverage reports and summarize key takeaways in a clear and concise way
- Provide initial draft of materials such as media pitches, analyses, briefing documents and other materials, as needed
- Build and maintain in-depth materials such as media lists, editorial calendars, speaking calendars and awards lists
- Conduct, compile, and present research to account teams to inform the strategic direction of campaigns or accounts
- Identify trends in online conversations and pinpoint key influencers/ media
- Social media monitoring and content creation
- Use web and social media analytics platforms to measure campaign success and provide data-backed recommendations to account teams for optimization
- Participate in monthly Agency and Associate-specific trainings
- Participate in strategic brainstorms around current clients or new business opportunities; support with research, as needed
- Support the Agency on various projects and administrative tasks as needed
What You’ll Need:
- B.S. in Communications or related, advanced degree preferred
- Familiarity with the marketing and communications disciplines through past coursework and/or other internships
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to adapt and prioritize in fast-paced conditions
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Deadline-driven and strong attention to detail
Travel as required to perform project and/or company related tasks as directed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and converse with employees, operate a computer and other office machinery and equipment, and maintain a stationary position (standing and sitting), move/traverse, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms for extended periods of time.
Who We Are: OutCast is a communications & marketing firm. We are strategists and creatives who, like our partners, have a hyper-growth mindset to drive change and create value for transformative companies at all stages. Founded in 1997, OutCast has offices in San Francisco, New York, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Seattle and London.
OutCast Values: Excellence. Integrity. Balance. Purpose. Inclusion.
EEO Disclaimer: OutCast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.