Phoenix Elementary is now accepting applications for all grade levels and areas for the 2023/2024 school year.
Teachers joining Phoenix Elementary School District #1 can expect a warm welcome along with the tools and dependable resources that enable you to do what you do best, teach. Whether that is a teaching conference, District-wide or site-based training, or professional development programs – we work together to make sure you are prepared for success.
Whether you are just starting your teaching career or have been in the classroom for many years, Phoenix #1 is the place to be. As an opportunity district, we believe that success in the classroom starts with our teachers realizing their full potential and being a true partner in our students success. Join our district today and start impacting a child’s life tomorrow.
POSITION SUMMARY: To create a flexible instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students assigned to the classroom, to motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
· Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
· Maintains regular attendance.
· Complies with State Law and District policies and regulations.
· Maintains a safe environment for students, conducive to learning.
· Teaches district-approved curriculum.
· Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by District policy.
· Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
· Task analyzes and translates lessons into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
· Models lessons for students.
· Uses effective Classroom Management techniques.
· Establishes, shares, and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
· Anticipates and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with large groups of children.
· Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
· Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
· Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
Supervises classroom employees, students and volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Arts degree.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid K-8 Arizona Teaching Certificate.