Positions are located in New York, NY, Newport Beach, CA or Austin, TX
You’re eligible to apply if you:
– Are studying for a PhD, Master of Science or Bachelor of Science degree in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Financial Engineering or similar technical discipline
– Have an expected graduation date of December 2021 – June 2024
– Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
– Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a PIMCO Data Science intern if you:
– Have strong programming skills in Python, Java and/or C#
– Possess outstanding analytical skills with the ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environment
– Show outstanding communication skills which enable you to operate in a complex financial and technical environment
– Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
– Are comfortable working independently as well as in a collaborative team
Data Science at PIMCO
Data Science is used to help all business lines at PIMCO achieve their goals. Data Scientists build tools and platforms to help portfolio managers leverage and analyze massive data sets to manage risk, search for alpha for clients, or focus on analyzing client data to create insights that bring investment ideas to clients.
As an intern, you’ll have the chance to define your career with a dynamic global leader in asset management working in a world-class technology group. Experience a high level of exposure to the investment management business and enjoy working with cutting edge technologies on new solutions.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
– The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2021
– During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
– During Week 2, you’ll take part in PIMCO’s Tech Bootcamp, where you’ll learn to deliver and operate working software in our environment
– Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
– Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
– Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
– You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
How you should apply:
Applications open July 1, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
– After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
– As the first step, you’ll be asked to complete a HackerRank challenge to highlight your technical skills
– You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
– If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex or HackerRank CodePair. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.