The Audit Associate should be able to perform a broad range of accounting tasks with direct supervision on an in-charge accountant/Manager. This individual will assist the Senior or in-charge in the development of audit strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings for clients within government, not-for-profit, HUD, commercial, financial services, or other industries.
- Knowledge of auditing, accounting standards, and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP, GAAS, & SEC rules, where applicable).
- Apply technical skills and on the job practices and business processes for clients.
- Knowledge in the Firm’s computer applications in facilitating the auditing procedures (Engagement, Accounting Research Manager and PPC ETools etc.).
- Perform internal control testing, document deficiencies and develop comments for inclusion in management letters.
- Perform risk assessment process, apply knowledge in completing all related forms.
- Participate in preparation of financial report (statements, footnotes and any supplemental information).
- Demonstrate an ability to take direction to ensure that assignment quality standards are achieved.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in written form and develop writing skills for document findings.
- Plan, organize and work efficiently to identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability
- Ensure job execution, documentation, consultation and completion in accordance with required policies and procedures.
- Monitor one’s own engagement task budgets, be aware of out of scope work and proactively communicate potential issues to appropriate team member.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities, formal learning (CPE) and training programs.
- BA/BS/MS Accounting degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have 150 credit requirement to become CPA certified.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic auditing, accounting standards and proficiency in related computer applications, as acquired through coursework or other training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research capabilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to the audit.
- Must be willing to travel locally to clients 80%+ of the time and have access to a car/public transportation.
*This opportunity would start either in August 2021 or November 2021