Duties and Responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team experience.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
- Responds to client requests and corresponds with clients to meet deliverables.
- Travels to client locations to gather and copy tax returns, financial statements, workpapers, tax studies, and other documentation to use in compliance and consulting services.
- Assists Manager in preparing client presentations for proposals, planning strategies, and ideas.
- Prepares detailed models and spreadsheets to reflect proposed tax planning and expected costs and benefits.
- Assists Manager or Director in developing project workplans and scheduling associated project deliverables.
- Assists in the preparation of international returns and other compliance projects.
- Demonstrates ability to understand the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations for various tax issues; training provided.
- Performs Internet research and technical writing to support tax positions.
- Prepares memorandums and processes documentation and relevant reports for management’s review.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
JD or Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Tax, Accounting, Economics or Finance required. Must have excellent organization and time management skills, strong communication skills, and willingness to learn and be a team player.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have beginner’s knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
Requires limited supervisory responsibilities, including training peers and checking work for accuracy and completeness.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external vendors as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 25%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran