Special Olympics International (SOI) has established a global alumni network for former Special Olympics staff to capture their knowledge of the organization and their expertise to support achievement of the global vision and Strategic Plan. The goal of the network is to activate our alumni as life-long change agents and partners and to focus their volunteer efforts on problem sets that meet both SOI’s needs and that attracted them to SOI in the first place.
We are looking for a student with an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoys working independently as well as collaboratively, and can confidently communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization to help us continue to build our Alumni Network.
- Perform administrative project management tasks related to the development and launch of the Special Olympics Alumni Network
- Conduct research related to the development and launch of a successful alumni network
- Assist with developing the project plans for the alumni network
- Liaise effectively across the organization and with Special Olympics alumni to compile and build the network
- Work closely with the Salesforce Administrator at Special Olympics to construct the alumni network database
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in college courses and is Junior or Senior status, or a Graduate student studying Communications, Sports Management, Or Business (nonprofit or sports focus preferred if business student)
- Receiving course credit for the internship
- Flexibility in schedule- this intern works with individuals in various time zones
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Zoom
- Ability to learn and become proficient in the use of other software.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work collaboratively across levels and departments, as well as individually
- PMP certification or completed coursework in Project Management (familiarity with concepts and terms used in project management)
- Prior experience using databases such as or similar to Salesforce
- Prior experience with SmartSheet
- Prior Special Olympics experience, such as volunteering or an internship
- Gain project management skills and experience by assisting with building and implementing a project from the ground up.
- Gain exposure to databases and other common project management software and technology.
- Build on interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills by working closely with the CEO and other leaders to achieve the goals of your projects
This is an unpaid internship, therefore it is required that you receive course credit. You will be asked to provide copies of the necessary paperwork from your school confirming that you are receiving credit.
Special Olympics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.