As a TED Translator, you get access to our unique, supportive community and cutting-edge content, to help you sharpen your language skills and spark positive change in the world. TED Translators use a free online subtitling tool to subtitle talks and connect with fellow volunteers around the world!
- Translate: Accurately transfer the speaker’s ideas contained in the original language into the target language.
- Transcribe: Create original language subtitles for TEDx talks.
- Review: Ensure translated/transcribed subtitles meet all requirements for publishing, and provide feedback on fellow volunteers’ work.
- Collaborate: Connect with peers and mentors through TED Translators initiatives, such as our Mentoring program.
- Volunteer translators should be fluent in both source and target languages.
- Volunteer transcribers should be fluent in the transcription language.
- Volunteers should be knowledgeable of TED subtitling best practices.
Perks & Benefits
- Get credited for your published subtitles on TED’s video player and your special TED profile page.
- Work on fascinating content and develop your language skills.
- Participate in giveaway contests and virtual TED events.
Apply to become a TED Translator today at ted.com/translate and include this link on Handshake to indicate where you learned about the TED Translators program. Once your application is approved, you will receive a welcome email including helpful resources to get you started!