Picture your favorite song in your favorite show — ever wondered how it got there? Interns will learn the day-to-day operations of an independent music licensing/publishing company. Find out how music is placed in TV, film, ads, video games and more; understand the basics of copyright and how artists actually earn money from their songs, all while listening to, and writing about music. Curious minds with an active interest in independent, new, and undiscovered music across all genres – look no further.
Specific duties include:
- Researching new shows, films, and other music-using projects
- Researching industry charts (Billboard, etc)
- Gathering and maintaining new catalog assets
- Researching (virtual) tour dates & other roster news
- Reviewing music submissions and client referrals
- Weekly new music write-ups
- and more!
** Student may apply for University credit **
Two easy steps to apply!
1) Complete this questionnaire: https://terrorbird.com/internship
2) Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line formatted like this: INTERN APPLICATION – Full Name (Time Zone)