Job Title: Staff Accountant
SCHEDULED HOURS: Monday through Friday, 9:30am – 5:30pm, with overtime as required including weekends during our fiscal year end in June/July.
REPORTS TO: James Murray, Controller
Job responsibilities/functions to include, but not be limited to:
· Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts
· Conducts investment portfolio analysis
· Performs weekly payroll audits
· Assists with the preparation and analysis of financial statements
· Conducts inventory control analysis
· Prepares bank reconciliations
· Special projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
· Familiarity with general accounting theory (tax, fixed assets, general ledger, etc.)
· Strong analytical skills
· Superior communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
· PC skills (Word and Excel)
· 1-2 years’ experience in general ledger accounting
· Experience with Oracle NetSuite ERP
We offer a competitive salary and a superior benefits package (Paid Health Insurance by the company for employees only – employees contribute toward dependent premiums, 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match, Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, etc.).
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit cover letters (which must include salary requirements) and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: It has been and will continue to be the policy of The Shubert Organization, its subsidiaries, and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected categories.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability, for both our employees and our business.
We strongly encourage people of color, women, indigenous people, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, people from marginalized communities, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
For our full statement and goals for EQUITY AND INCLUSION at The Shubert Organization, please visit https://shubert.nyc/press/edi-statement-92920/ .