Learn and understand compliance practices for statutory and regulatory guidelines for ERISA, Internal Revenue Code and other IRS and DOL guidance requirements for qualified plans, 403(b) plans, 457 plans, multiple employer plans and corporate nonqualified deferred compensation (NQDC) plans. Perform basis plan review to ensure compliance.
- Participate in ongoing training programs, including courses through the America Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASSPA) to develop knowledge and skills required to perform as a Regulatory Support Consultant.
- Perform basic retirement plan review under the guidance of senior staff.
- Learn best practices to identify and resolve plan compliance and fiduciary issues.
- Assist in the preparation of client and participant communications.
- Provide staff support on routine tasks as assigned.
- Keep current on developments in the retirement industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field or equivalent education/experience
- Knowledge of financial services or other highly regulated industry
- Communication skills (verbal, written, listening) to convey regulatory legal rules and requirements in layman terms
- Problem resolution skills, with an emphasis on analysis, formulation and documentation of recommendations
- Organization and time management skills
- Experience in a legal or compliance setting