About True Partners Consulting
True Partners Consulting is a world-class tax and business advisory firm that helps large public and private enterprises navigate complex tax and financial regulations without the Sarbanes-Oxley created conflicts inherent in offering both tax consulting and audit services. Our key advantage is our people who deliver the most intelligent and professional results to our clients. We focus on recruiting, developing and retaining the best and brightest talent by creating a collegial culture that supports our people and provides them opportunities and resources to achieve their career goals.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated individual with proven business, technical and leadership acumen to apply for the following role:
As a Tax Consultant you will provide quality, responsive services and work products to ensure client satisfaction and achieve team goals. Through your understanding of complex tax concepts, you will collaborate with the engagement team and client management to prepare effective approaches to tax situations. You will also analyze tax information to assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans for complex engagements and decision-making areas. Our culture focuses on partnership with each other and our clients. Prospective candidates should be able to work well in a team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and review computations, workpapers, schedules, and other items related to tax return filings, estimated and extension payments, for federal, state, and foreign jurisdictions,
· Perform technical research supporting positions taken in tax filings, including drafting written memorandums,
· Assist with client tax planning and provide business expertise based on working knowledge of client industries and experience with broad entity types,
· Meeting deadlines and completing work products to drive successful client engagements,
· Actively support and participate in engagement planning and decision-making,
· Keep up-to-date on current tax practices, technical issues and changes in tax law,
· Contact tax agencies to obtain information, resolve issues, and reconcile notices,
· Travel when needed – 0% – 50%.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
· 1 to 2 years of professional tax or accounting experience, preferably within a large professional services or public accounting environment, preferred.
· Experience preparing or supervising tax compliance and consulting services for various business entities and returns, 1120, 1120S, 1065, 5471, preferred.
· Working knowledge of tax software (GoSystems, OneSource, ProSystem, Corptax) and tax research tools (BNA, CCH, RIA Checkpoint, LexisNexis), preferred.
· Leadership, problem solving, and strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Advanced knowledge working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
· CPA, EA, MST, JD or other relevant professional certification, or working toward such credential.
What we offer:
· Generous PTO and firm-paid holidays.
· Full benefits offerings, including healthcare, disability, and 401(k) with match.
· Firm-sponsored national trainings and investment in external training.
· Assigned Annual Reviewer and Career Coach to ensure ongoing feedback and career advice/progression.
· Award winning and recognized Best Company to work for.
· Fun firm-sponsored events like community outreach, semi-annual outings and networking events.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.