Medforth Group, also known as Medforth Global Healthcare Education, is a portfolio company focused on healthcare education. We are backed by several large financial sponsors. Medforth’s flagship education assets are St. George’s University and Rocky Vista University. Medforth’s institutions are the single largest supplier of new doctors into U.S. residencies each year. We have a higher purpose of addressing the global physician shortage, which is particularly acute in the United States.
We are looking for an individual to execute special projects for our Growth and Strategy team. The role will support M&A, growth, business development, and other go-to-market projects. This will be a strategic role focused on growth opportunities. We are seeking an action oriented and analytical thinker who is results oriented. This paid internship will be temporarily remote due to COVID, however may have the potential of onsite work in NYC once it is safe to do so.
Potential projects include:
M&A and Corporate Development: Identify key strategic M&A, JV and partnership opportunities or support on-going acquisitions. Projects could include creating an industry landscape of potential partners, or doing financial modelling for a new acquisition.
Growth and Strategy: Build go-to-market strategies for international growth opportunities: researching international market demographics, developing pricing models, benchmarking competitors, identifying key channels to launch our product and creating a roadmap for implementation
Strategic Finance: Work with the growth, strategy and finance teams to develop financial models that measure the impact of growth opportunities such as the impact of pricing, discounting and volume growth in launching new products.
· Currently enrolled in an MBA or advanced degree
· Management consulting, business operations, investment banking, or private equity experience
· Track record of cross-functional leadership, with a demonstrated ability to influence others and drive cross-functional results
· Comfort with ambiguity and shifting across priorities as business needs evolve
· Solution-oriented mindset and work approach
· Strong collaboration skills and a natural ability to connect with others
· Ability to complete a 12 week program beginning May 2021
· Paid 12 week summer internship program
· Must provide full work availability during normal office hours, 9am-5pm
· While temporarily remote due to COVID, this position has the potential for onsite work in our NYC office once it is safe to do so
This will be a paid internship. Employment will be at Medforth Group’s services entity, University Support Services LLC.
· Student Centric: We approach every task with a focus on supporting our students to achieve their lifelong learning goals in a safe, vibrant and welcoming environment.
· A Global Community: We are one team with an international outlook welcoming the strength in our diversity and the value each of us brings to what we do.
· Accountable: We take responsibility for our actions by being responsive, resourceful and respectful in delivering on our commitments with integrity and the highest ethical standards.
· Collaborative: We support and empower one another through open communications, cooperation, sharing knowledge and taking time to always listen and show we care.
· Committed to Excellence: We take pride in our ongoing pursuit for continuous improvement through creativity, rigor and best practices to produce meaningful outcomes.
About University Support Services, LLC
University Support Services LLC (USS) is the North American correspondent for St. George’s University (SGU), a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 21,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world. USS is a Delaware limited liability company located in Great River, New York providing administrative services and functional support to SGU.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.