The Sales Rep Trainee is in training to be a marketing and technical expert who represents Unum – educating and motivating other professionals to sell Unum products to their clients. Unum products are not marketed through direct sales but through building relationships with other insurance professionals and employers (brokers, financial planners, agents, stockbrokers and consultants). Sales Consultant Trainees participate in an extensive training program.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively learn and understand the Unum business environment to support the acquisition and retention of new customers
- Acquire a broad knowledge of Unum’s group and voluntary product portfolio and service offerings and how to position sales solutions to brokers
- Develop and build relationships with brokers in an assigned territory and/or for an assigned product
- Assist in the enrollment process for new and existing customers
- May perform other duties as assigned
- While in training, ability to obtain insurance license in states within assigned territory
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and collaboration skills
- Strong ability to influence and persuade
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as problem solving skills
- Ability to work with a team to achieve optimal sales results
- Highly energized, motivated self-starter who thrives on a challenge and in a fast-paced environment
- Goal and results oriented
- Demonstrate a “can-do” spirit, a sense of optimism and excitement, ownership and commitment/loyalty
- Competitive and persistent – how do we build these in?
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office – PowerPoint, Excel
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.