What you’ll be doing…
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Verizon Marketing Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
The Brand Integrated Marketing organization is responsible for leading all Brand initiatives including Responsible Business, Network and 5G, and Privacy/Security integrated marketing programs across the Central Marketing Organization (CMO) and respective Business Groups. This team is responsible for strategic planning of marketing initiatives, being a single point of contact for the Business Unit and CMO organizations, leading the strategic brief writing, and managing communication priorities for Verizon.
As a Brand Integrated Marketing Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
– Collaborate with segment marketing leads to define campaign objectives and establish strategic briefs.
– Partner with internal teams to refine campaign needs and finalize briefing needs.
– Author and own strategic briefs for multiple products and lines of business, targeting multiple audiences – from working team to executive level overviews.
– Ensure all projects are aligned with established strategy and keep team members supplied with the information they need to deliver work that is on strategy and on deadline.
– Manage timelines and continuously monitor the pulse of all program details and to have knowledge and ability to report on the status of any deliverable at a given point in time.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other internship roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Marketing, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or a related major with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2023.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
– Technical skills: R/Python/SQL/SAS/Excel.
– Data analysis or BI experience through coursework or research.
– Experience developing and implementing analytical solutions to complex problems.
– Ability to demonstrate curiosity, strategic thinking, and attention to detail.
– Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Experience in telecom, high-tech, or related industries.
– Demonstrated knowledge of marketing concepts and strategies.
– Comfort in analyzing numbers and trends, especially via regression.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.