What you’ll be doing…
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Verizon Corporate Social Responsibility Group that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As a Foundation Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
– Conduct research to support strategic initiatives of the foundation.
– Collect and organize statistical data related to future trends, including demographic and population data, healthcare and education trends and technology.
– Analyze and interpret data to identify recommendations on future trends.
– Prepare and report on findings and recommendations for various audiences.
– Create and maintain a database of research and sources for the team.
– Support the expansion of 5G to Verizon Innovative Learning Schools.
– Evaluate new 5G education solutions and recommend integration to the curriculum.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Analytics, Engineering, Strategy, Business, Sustainability, Environmental Studies or a directly related area with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2023.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
– Demonstrated ability to engage in strategic thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
– Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Experience in telecom, high-tech, or related industries.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.