VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Members of the VMware Global Government Relations and Public Policy work with a small, high-caliber team to connect all levels of government to VMware’s business goals. The work of this team contributes to the success of VMware and the positive profile of its Executive Staff.
Our team practices a collaborative, creative, results-oriented approach. We are a small team that likes to “punch above its weight.” Under the direction of the General Counsel, team members also have the opportunity to work with and advise VMware executives, elected officials, and policy makers. We handle, prioritize, and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously. This provides an excellent context to learn the many aspects of VMware’s complex business as well as a great opportunity to interact with interesting colleagues and important government officials.
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented, and intelligent intern for the fall semester. Reporting directly to the Vice President, you’ll be an integral part of a team of federal and state lobbyists. You’ll have an opportunity to research and work on the many issues facing technology companies as they relate to policy. During your internship, you will attend meetings and hearings on Capitol Hill, attend industry meetings, provide research, and support day-to-day initiatives and long-term strategies of VMware.
- Create newsletters, infographics, and other materials for internal and external audiences
- Research and provide analysis on policy issues surrounding technology, privacy, cloud infrastructure, and other issues
- Monitor and track industry news and related legislative developments using a myriad information sources
- Assist with additional projects as assigned
- The timeframe for this internship will take place during the spring semester.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in political science, public policy or similar field at the Junior or Senior level
- Significant public policy, government, political science, or international affairs coursework is necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills
- Strong and demonstrated research skills
- Of the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethic
- A practical and active problem-solver who possesses strong business sense and is confident, mature and calm under fire
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a rapidly changing environment, but be focused when needed on the matter at hand
- Experience with graphic design and/or HTML
- Prior experience with an elected official or state/local government
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.