Wolfe Research, LLC is a premier research boutique with a commitment to best-in-class content and ongoing strategic growth. We produce research that we believe is the most objective and distinguished in our sectors, and we deliver our services with intense care and specificity to each of our institutional clients.
We are seeking a full-time Accounting Travel & Expense Associate who will play a pivotal role in the growth of the Accounting department and the overall development of the company. You will be given challenging tasks and process ownership that will allow you to showcase technical knowledge, problem-solving skills and creativity in a fast paced, growing environment.
What will you do?
· Become a functional owner of processes and work with other team members
· Review and process expense reports in our newly implemented expense management system
· Provide trainings to new travelers in the use of the corporate expense and travel solution
· Review expense reports for reasonableness and ensure compliance with corporate policy
· Assist manage corporate cards program including ordering new cards and linking all cards to the corporate expense and travel solution
· Assist update and maintain the corporate expense policy, and implement a new solution when the need arises
· Analyze variances between actual and budget and provide meaningful feedback to our department leaders and decision makers
· Independently lead process improvement projects, interfacing with department leaders and team members to ensure the information required is received in a timely manner
· Challenge current processes to identify weaknesses, get to the root cause of problems and propose changes
· Become a subject matter expert of the functional processes you own and act as a source of knowledge for audit, financial reporting, tax and other inquiries
· Solid technical skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Strong organizational/project management skills and attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively to all levels of employees and vendors both verbally and in written form
· Ability to execute multiple projects, simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
· Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting degree preferred. Minimum GPA 3.5.
· Experience at a financial services firm is a plus.
The position is will be in the firm’s Stamford, CT office, with minimal travel to our NYC midtown office as necessary.