Summer 2023 Boog Internship Fund
Established in 2018, this internship fund sponsors talented undergraduate students who are completing unpaid or paid summer internships. Through the Boog Internship Fund, eligible students may receive up to $15,000 to defray the additional costs associated with participating in an internship! Funding can be used for stipends, housing, tuition, and/or travel.
Who is Eligible?
Currently matriculated Binghamton University undergraduate students completing an unpaid or paid full- or part-time internship for summer 2023 may apply. Applicants must complete the internship before graduation and meet all of the following criteria:
- At least a sophomore at the time of application
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated financial need and current Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at the office of Financial Aid and Student Records and/or a completed NYS State Aid Application
- Have an SSN (Social Security Number) or ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number)
Priority will be given to students who have not previously received support through the Boog Internship Fund and those with financial needs who may not otherwise be able to complete an internship. Please note that this is a competitive application process and not all applicants will receive funding. Internship funds are not intended to support undergraduate research and scholarly or creative work. For information on research, resources visit the Undergraduate Research Center.
How does the internship fund work?
- Once you are awarded a scholarship, you must complete a form and a W-9 and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We contact your supervisor the week you start your internship and they verify that you started.
- We then start to process your check and you should receive it in a couple weeks.
- During your internship, you will provide a written monthly summary to the Fleishman Center for the fund sponsors of work being performed and/or how the funds are being utilized.
- Toward the end of your internship, we ask you to send us a thank you note for fund sponsors and a picture of you at your internship.
- Students may apply for multiple internship funding opportunities. View additional funding opportunities here.
Required to apply
- Personal statement of interest that includes information about the internship to be completed (500 words maximum, check application form below)
- Internship Expenses Budget Worksheet
Note: You will need to download and complete the Internship Expenses Budget Worksheet here and upload to the online application below.
- The application opens at 9 a.m. on March 1, 2023. Students must submit their application by Sunday, April 2 for priority consideration. The final deadline for applicants will be Sunday, May 14.
- Final decisions will be communicated in the weeks following the application deadline. Please note that this is a competitive application process and only one to two students will be awarded this funding each year.
We highly encourage students to utilize Fleishman Center’s resources for resume help and have your resume reviewed in the Fleishman Center during walk-in hours or by scheduling an appointment in hireBING.
*You must be signed in with your Binghamton login to view and submit the application below. If you cannot see the application, please click “log in” in the top right corner of this page and sign in with your Binghamton University credentials.*
Sorry. This form is no longer available.