Launch Your Career Experience (Aug. 3-6, 2020)
This free 3-day online program hosted by the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development will help incoming students grow as a professional in a short amount of time. Through real-time, online workshops led by career consultants, you’ll be ready to apply to internships, part-time jobs and other competitive opportunities before the semester even starts! Participating students will:
- Develop a comprehensive resume that can be used to apply to on-campus jobs, leadership and research opportunities, externships or internships
- Build your network both on- and off-campus with local employers, alumni, faculty, and staff
- Connect to on-campus career resources including career consultants and services that will assist you with your career development goals throughout your time at Binghamton
- Learn how to use hireBING, Binghamton’s robust online job and internship search network
- Set up a great LinkedIn profile that will help get you noticed by recruiters
- Connect with other students in the program
Launch Your Career Experience runs from August 3-6 and is completely free!
Register now! Registration Deadline is Wednesday, July 29.
Day 1: Meet your mentors, Networking/LinkedIn Workshop, Lunch (optional mentoring group session), Resume Workshop, Virtual Social Activity (optional)
Day 2: Virtual Employer Trek, Lunch (optional mentoring group session), Career Exploration and Skill-Building Session, Virtual Social Activity (optional)
Day 3: Virtual Employer Trek, Lunch (Optional mentoring group session), Meet the Faculty Session, Virtual Social Activity (optional)
Day 4: Schedule your individual career consulting appointments
2-Credit Online Career Exploration Course (CDCI 200)
Choosing a career can be confusing and stressful. The Fleishman Center’s Online Summer Career Exploration Course (CDCI-200) breaks career exploration into manageable steps to make this decision easier. Students enrolled in the course will create a meaningful plan to prepare for their future career and learn how to get the most out of their college experience! This class is offered for incoming students during Summer Session Term II (July 6 to August 7). The registration deadline is Thursday, July 2. Find additional information and registration instructions for this online course.
Kickstart Your Career: Pre-Arrival Program
The Kickstart Your Career program is a 3-day pre-arrival program that consists of career workshops designed for first-year students. Kickstart Your Career is unavailable for fall 2020 semester.
Questions about any of these programs? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.