HireBING by Handshake is a great resource for students to find internship and job opportunities. You can filter and search through job opportunities based on your interests, and discover new career possibilities. Apply easily to relevant positions by storing your resumes and other documents in hireBING. Check out the FAQs below to learn more about hireBING and take full advantage of this invaluable platform!
HireBING by Handshake FAQS:
Q: Why should I make a Handshake account if I already have a LinkedIn account?
Handshake has the most opportunities for students and new college grads of any job platform, and is the only one that lets employers recruit specifically at your school. All the jobs are posted just for students, which means you aren’t competing against professionals with 5+ years of experience. No experience required.
Q: Why should I fill out my Handshake profile?
Handshake will give you personalized job recommendations based on the information you provide on your profile—so you can find jobs and internships that are right for you. Recruiters are five times more likely to proactively reach out to you with job opportunities and event invitations if your profile is complete.
Q: Which parts of my Handshake profile are most important to fill out?
In addition to your major, Handshake also uses your job interests to recommend opportunities to you. Job interests include:
- Job type: Looking for an on-campus job, internship, part-time job, or full-time job? You can choose more than one.
- Preferred location: Select the cities you would like to work in, and Handshake will show you jobs in that area.
- Job role: Choose at least three positions you would like to explore, like “marketing associate” or “data analyst.”
Don’t worry, you can change and update interests whenever you want!
Q: What are the top things employers search for?
Beyond your job interests, employers want to know:
- Previous work experience: Have you had a part-time job, internship, work study, research position and or volunteered? Employers like to see that you’ve taken on responsibility, and that these experiences have helped you develop valuable skills.
- Skills: Add technical skills like SQL along with soft skills like communication. The more skills you list, the better your chances are of showing up in an employer search.
- Clubs and organizations: These signal your specific interests, affinity groups, and participation and involvement on campus.
Q: Can I use Handshake on my phone?
Yes! Download the Handshake App to search and apply to jobs right from your phone. Get notified and never miss a message from an employer, be first to see new job postings, and apply in two taps with Quick Apply.