Connections For Success Sophomore Retreat
2019 Retreat Details:
Friday, April 5 – Sunday, April 7 at Pocono Plateau
Application Deadline: Friday, Feb. 22
Connections for Success is a free, award-winning professional development and leadership retreat for sophomores. This weekend-long program, led by alumni, employers and staff, engages you in conversations and helps you to develop both personally and professionally. Transportation, food, and lodging are provided by the Fleishman Center.
Throughout the retreat, interactive sessions provide you with the tools necessary to be a competitive applicant for jobs and internships. Past speakers include executives from companies such as Indeed, Macy’s, Visions, EY and more!
Participating students will:
- Build authentic connections with alumni, employers, staff and peers
- Understand the value of transferable skills; how to articulate those skills on a resume, in a cover letter and through interview experiences
- Explore strengths, weaknesses and values and how they help make informed decisions
- Engage peers/professionals with various backgrounds and lived experiences in an effort to expand perspectives
- Enhance competence in the following areas in accordance with the National Association for Colleges and Employers Career Readiness Competencies; critical thinking/problem solving, oral/written communication, teamwork/collaboration, digital technology, leadership, professionalism/work ethic, career management and global/intercultural fluency
Past sessions include:
- Speed networking
- Interviewing workshops
- And many more!
Connections for Success Information Sessions
Students interested in this program are encouraged to attend an information session.
Monday, Feb. 4 at 3:30 p.m. in UU-133A
Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 6 p.m. in EOP/SSS Conference Room
Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 2:30 p.m. in UU-133A