The Urban Teachers application has officially opened, and they are actively searching for the next generation of culturally-competent educators. Urban teachers can provide the following:
- 4 Year teacher training program: 14-month paid residency & 3 year Fellowship
- Guaranteed job placement in one of 4 cities: Baltimore, Dallas, DC, or Philly
- Masters of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) from American University
- Eligibility for city, state, federal and AmeriCorps loan forgiveness
- Dual Certification in Special Education an done of the following:
- Elementary Education, Secondary Literacy, or Secondary Math
- Triple Citification in ESL in Dallas
For more information eligibility, please visit Urban Teacher’s Info Center.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Through there are multiple deadlines, city placements are first come, best fit! Deadline to apply is October 28th.