GlobalFoundries (GF) is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GF makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Internship Program Overview:
Our Interns & Co-ops are our entry-level talent pipeline for GF across the globe. Our goal is to provide students with a meaningful work experience that will equip them with the skills to embark on a career in the fast-paced and growing semiconductor industry after graduation. As an intern at GF, you’ll experience one-on-one mentorship, work assignments that prioritize your growth and potential, professional development opportunities, and the chance to network with executives.
Summary of Role:
The intern will work directly with various Environmental Program Managers to assist with actions designed to improve site’s environmental performance. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about environmental management systems and environmental regulatory requirements for semiconductor manufacturing operations.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate environmental training programs for effectiveness. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Waste site inspections, validating waste is stored and managed according to site procedures.
- Update site(s) recycling message (posters, TV’s, BSCs, break areas, high waste generating areas)
- Waste Characterizations/Profiling
- Assist with testing new functionality with waste IT systems.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education – At least a sophomore at time of application and actively pursuing a bachelor’s in environmental engineering/science, chemistry, or any engineering discipline or related field through an accredited degree program during the time of internship.
- Must have at least an overall 3.0 GPA and be in good academic standing.
- Language Fluency – English (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week during the internship.
- Prior related internship or co-op experience
- Demonstrated prior leadership experience in the workplace, school projects, competitions, etc.
- Project management skills, i.e., the ability to innovate and execute on solutions that matter; the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning & organizational skills
Expected Salary Range
$18.00 – $36.00
Expected Salary Range
$0.00 – $0.00
The exact Salary will be determined based on qualifications, experience and location.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law