Now in its seventh year, the LifeSci NYC Internship Program invites college and graduate students (and recent grads) to apply for full-time job opportunities in science, tech, and business capacities. Our program, which seeks to provide experience and training for students and recent graduates interested in pursuing careers in the life sciences industry, provides a number of full-time job opportunities in a wide range of companies, as well as summer and academic year internship opportunities (many of which have the potential to segue into full-time positions).
Students enrolled in a New York City-based college or university or New York City residents enrolled in any college or university are eligible to apply. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THESE CRITERIA. Those who graduated in spring 2022 or later are also eligible.
Participating companies and organizations range from early-stage startups to large pharmaceutical and biotech firms to businesses that serve the industry in specific capacities, including marketing, public relations, or capital investment. Opportunities also offered in the climate tech and food tech sectors. More than 180 companies have hired through the program since its inception.
Eligible majors and areas of study include, but are not limited to:
- Biomedical or Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science / Data Science / Statistics
- Public Health
- Other life sciences / STEM fields
- Computer Science / IT
- Supply Chain / Operations
- Public Affairs / Regulatory
- Public Policy
- Human Resources
- Open to students currently enrolled in a New York City-based college or university, or New York City residents currently enrolled in any college or university
- Students must be US citizens or US permanent residents (including DACA participants), OR holders of visas that allow completion of the internship without sponsorship
- Recent graduates (spring 2021 or later) are also eligible to apply
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students should have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. Students with a GPA under 3.0 may apply but must write an explanation of extenuating circumstances.
- Participants in the LifeSci NYC Internship Program must commit to the work requirements of their host site, and will be invited to participate in any programming scheduled for members of the current LifeSci NYC Internship Program cohort.
- Participating companies may be located anywhere within commuting distance of New York City.
- Companies that participated in the program over the past year included Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation, AVX, BioBus, Biolabs@NYULangone, ChemFinity, Columbia Department of Medicine, Edge Foods, Harmonic Discovery, Hudson River Park Trust, Kallyope, LEXEO Therapeutics, Lilu, Inc., Lucerna, New York Genome Center, New York Stem Cell Foundation, Pfizer, Rarecells, Surgivance, The Bee Conservancy, TômTex, Vader Nanotechnologies, Valera Health, and many more.
- Please note that the LifeSci NYC Internship Program cannot provide housing, meals, and/or transportation costs.
- All positions are paid at least $15/hour, and most pay $18/hour or more. Full-time jobs may pay an annual salary well above these levels.
We encourage you to complete an initial online application now (requiring basic information about you and your credentials, as well as your resume). You will then have access to our listings whenever we post a new position, and you will be able to apply quickly and easily for available roles. We will be posting opportunities on a rolling basis. Please note: As an applicant, you are not guaranteed a placement.
For more information and to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/lifescistudents