Come work with us! We’re looking for a smart and dedicated paralegal to join Pantheon’s Legal team. Prior paralegal experience is a plus, not required. Recent college graduates are welcome to apply.
Pantheon Ventures is a private equity, infrastructure, real assets and debt investor that invests on behalf of our investors, including public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations. Founded in 1982, Pantheon has developed an established reputation in primary, direct co-investment and secondary private asset solutions across all stages and geographies. The firm’s investment solutions include customized separate account programs, regional & global primary fund programs, secondaries and co-investment programs. Pantheon manages traditional limited partnership fund vehicles as well as vehicles tailored to the specific requirements of the U.S. private wealth and defined contribution pension markets.
Pantheon has over 340 employees with more than US$62 billion in assets under management (as of June 30, 2023). The firm has operated as an affiliate of Affiliated Managers Group Inc. (“AMG”) since its acquisition in mid-2010.
This position will report directly to me in our NYC office. We offer a hybrid working model.
If you or someone you know is open to joining a top-notch legal team at a prominent international investment firm, please reach out!
Here is the formal job description:
This is a permanent in-house paralegal role in Pantheon’s New York office, reporting to the Head of Legal (US). The overall purpose of this role is to assist with the work undertaken by the in-house legal team globally.
Assist Global Legal Team in fund related work (including fundraising):
- Entity formation, amendment, dissolutions, and qualification of entities to do business in relevant jurisdiction
- Assist with fund closings, fund extensions, and transfers of interests
- Filing and maintenance of records for all fund legal documentation
- Complete and process corporate actions (e.g., amendments to partnership agreements)
- Review closing documents and provide comments to outside counsel
- Coordinate with outside counsel on fund closings and transfers
Assist with investment work:
- Review and comment on confidentiality agreements
- Assist investment structuring team with corporate document requests (incumbencies, good standings, etc.)
Corporate governance work/Firm Group matters:
- Maintain corporate/fund files, organizational/structure charts, firm-wide signatory policy, matrices and logs
- Assist with corporate governance matters and projects, review service contracts
- Maintain company books and execute corporate filings
- Prepare/amend corporate organizational documents and prepare corporate resolutions, board minutes and certificates
- Coordinate with internal groups (tax, finance, operations, human resources, marketing, client services and investment teams) and prepare response to questionnaire from parent affiliate
- Assist with managing external service providers and review service contracts
- Invoice management (i.e., logging and tracking payment of legal invoices for Pantheon itself and funds with accuracy and efficiency)
- General administrative and routine tasks (e.g., filing, management of legal calendar, upkeep of various recordkeeping logs etc.)
- Regular interface with internal and outside counsel and investment teams as well as operations, tax and finance teams and ensuring proper reporting of documentation, entity formed, etc.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Pro and PDF editing skills
- Attention to detail, approach work methodically
- Willingness to learn, ask questions and seek information from a global perspective, proactive approach, a desire to solve problems and improve process
- Cooperative demeanor, ability to work with different personalities, excellent communication skills and team-player
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to work independently and to work on several projects simultaneously
- Good timekeeping and prepared to work flexibly on different types of projects to meet the needs of the business
- Required education: bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Preferred but Not Essential
- Work experience in a legal team at a law firm and/or in a fast-pace in-house legal department is a plus
- Experience with private equity or other alternative investments or asset management is a plus
Pantheon is an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align, we still encourage you to apply.