Carretta Internship for English Majors
Patricia Carretta ‘68, MA ‘74 and Vincent Carretta ‘68, MA ‘71 Internship for English Majors
This internship was established to support English majors within Harpur College of Arts & Sciences to help offset the costs associated with completing unpaid summer internships.
Award amount: $2,000 awarded to two students
Who is eligible?
Currently matriculated Binghamton University undergraduate or graduate students majoring in English who have been offered a full-time paid or unpaid internship for summer 2023 may apply. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have an SSN (Social Security Number) or ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number)
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate English major completing an summer internship
- Must be in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Must have financial need and have completed FAFSA to demonstrate this
Preference will be given to students who would benefit most from the internship experience. Please note that this is a competitive application process and only two applicants will be awarded this internship fund for summer 2023. Awards will be based on the quality of the application package.
How the internship fund works
- Once you are awarded a scholarship, you must complete a form and a W-9 and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We contact your supervisor the week you start your internship and they verify that you started.
- We then start to process your check and you should receive it in a couple weeks.
- Toward the end of your internship, we ask you to send us a thank you note for fund sponsors and a picture of you at your internship.
Students may apply for multiple internship funding opportunities. View additional funding opportunities here.
Complete the form below and prepare to submit the following:
Required to Apply:
- Personal statement of interest that includes the uniqueness of the internship opportunity
- Internship Expenses Budget Worksheet
Note: You will need to download and complete the Internship Expenses Budget Worksheet here and upload it to the online application.
- Application opens 9 a.m. on March 1, 2023 and will be reviewed until 5 p.m. on Sunday, May 14, 2023.
- Final decisions will be communicated in the weeks following the application deadline. Please note that this is a competitive application process and only one student will be awarded this funding each year.
We highly encourage students to utilize Fleishman Center’s resources for resume help and have your resume reviewed in the Fleishman Center during walk-in hours or by scheduling an appointment in hireBING.
*You must be signed in with your Binghamton login to view and submit the application below. If you cannot see the application, please click “log in” in the top right corner of this page and sign in with your Binghamton University credentials.*
Sorry. This form is no longer available.