Get Free Professional Headshots
Through a partnership with the Binghamton University Alumni Association, the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development provides free headshots to all students, faculty, staff and alumni. Headshots help students build a professional brand and network and the Iris Photobooth provides professional quality photos, in an easy, self-serve format. The Iris Photobooth is located in UU-133 and provides high-quality professional photos for students to use on hireBING by Handshake, LinkedIn, Mentor Match, conference programs, and/or other networking platforms or websites.
There is no need to make an appointment. Students can visit the Fleishman Center during office hours, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. During the session, you will have access to a private photobooth with a professional quality camera and lighting for a headshot of your needs. Please note that sessions are on a first-come, first-served basis. Wait times may be longer during peak times.
Every headshot is free. The photobooth is a touchscreen or can be controlled from your smartphone by scanning a QR code. Each session includes three free headshots and offers suggestions on how to pose for an effective professional portrait.
Editing is easy. Each session provides the opportunity to do some limited retouching. You can also edit your headshot(s) from your Iris account after completing the session. Editing options include teeth whitening, blemish removal, skin softening, filters, etc. If you can use Instagram, you can use the photobooth! You will also have the option to retake one of your photos during the session if you would like.
No limit. Each session includes 3 shots, but there is no limit to the amount of times that you use the photobooth during the semester or year.
It’s quick. Headshots are immediately emailed to students upon completing each session. Photos can be accessed for up to one year after being taken.
The Photoboth is a self-service concept, but Fleishman staff is always available to offer assistance as needed. If a student is unable to use the photobooth or needs an accommodation for their headshots, they can contact email@example.com to schedule an individualized session.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost?Headshots are free to current Binghamton University students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
How many different shots do I get?You’ll get three different headshots.
Do I have to make an appointment?No. The photobooth is accessible during office hours 9:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Please note that office hours may be different during breaks and/or holidays.
How long does it take?The process takes about five minutes and your photos are emailed to you immediately.
What do I need?You only need your email address to access the photobooth and to create a free Iris account.
What should I wear?This is entirely up to you and may depend on your desired career field. Most students will have photos taken with a suit jacket and dress shirt. We recommend business casual at a minimum, but you are welcome to wear what you are most comfortable in. Note: photos are only taken from the waist up.
Can the photos be edited?Yes, the photobooth provides the opportunity to edit 1 of your photos or you can edit any/all of them after completing the session from your Iris account.
Where is the photo booth located?UU 133 (The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development lobby).
Can I use this photo other than LinkedIn?Yes! Use the photos wherever you may need a professional headshot. The photos are yours to use in any way you see fit.
How does it work?Watch this short video from IRIS Photo Booth to see how it works.
What is the process?
The automated process looks like this:
1. Students enter the private booth and enter their email address where they would like their photos sent to accept the terms and conditions.
2. After turning on the touchscreen and the professional quality lighting, the booth will provide you with a short tutorial as well as posing tips.
3. Students will take 3 photos during each session. A chair is provided, but you can also choose to stand.
4. After taking the 3 photos, students will have the option to retake or edit 1 photo from the session in the booth. Please note that you will also be able to edit any/all of your photos from your Iris account after receiving your photos. We ask that during peak times, you limit the amount of time that you spend editing to allow others to benefit from the booth.
5. Photos are immediately emailed to you upon completing the session. You can access and download them through your free Iris account.
6. Students can return and access the booth as many times as they would like throughout the semester/year.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions about the LinkedIn photobooths.