The Fleishman Center offers various career assessment options to assist you with your career planning. These tools can be an excellent place to start when making career choices such as choosing a major, exploring occupations, and determining a career plan.
Focus 2 has five brief career assessments—Work Interests, Personal Interests, Abilities, Values, and Personality inventories—and relates answers to all five to the world of work.
FOCUS 2 is helpful for:
- Choosing a college major—helps you uncover career interests and identify which areas of study at Binghamton are suggested or required for a particular field based on Holland’s Career Development Theory
- Exploring Career Options—helps you explore the world of work by demonstrating how your interests relate to various occupations
- Taking responsibility for your education and career planning and engaging in activities that support your career development
Cost: FREE for Binghamton University Students
How to Take the FOCUS 2 Assessment:
- New Users: Create a FOCUS 2 Account using your @binghamton.edu email address for your username and “BUBearcat” as your access code on the FOCUS 2 website.
- Returning Users: Click Here
After Taking the Assessment:
After using this system, follow up with a FOCUS 2 interpretation appointment scheduled via hireBING to discuss an action plan with a Career Consultant.
To schedule an appointment, log in to your hireBING account and complete your profile. Click on “Appointments” in the left navigation, and choose “Career Assessment Interpretation” as your Appointment Type. Follow the prompts and select your preferred appointment date, time, and a staff member from the list that appears.
Learn more about the FOCUS 2 assessment.