Career Exploration Course (CDCI 200)
CDCI 200 Course Registration Instructions
Please carefully read and follow the 2020 Summer CDCI 200 Registration Instructions below.
Explore the World of Career Opportunities
The goal of this two-credit online course is to guide you in creating a meaningful and purposeful plan to prepare for your future career while getting the most out of your college experience. This course is ideal for students who either have yet to declare a major, who are having second thoughts about their current majors, or who are experiencing overall uncertainty about their career direction.
Please consult with your academic adviser if you have questions about how this course may or may not factor into the total credits required for graduation.
“I took the CDCI 200 Bridging Academics to Careers course during my winter break. I went in feeling lost and uncertain about my academic future. By the end of the class, I felt more aware of my options and confident in my abilities to seek them out. The project where I had to interview 2 career professionals led me to pursue a shadowing experience at my old high school which helped me realize that I want to study education. I’m grateful to the program for helping me navigate potential career and major interests. ”
– Max Solomon-Frye ’22
Course Overview and Objectives
This course is offered online during the winter and summer sessions. Students who enroll in this class will:
- Gain information about careers, majors, professionalism and decision making through the use of campus resources as well as field and online research.
- Learn strategies for setting career and life goals, and how to use experiential learning to enhance those strategies.
- Identify and integrate interests, values, skills and personality style to assist in career decision making
- Understand how career assessments and other interventions are used to facilitate career decision making.
- Learn about workplace trends to enhance current and future career decision making.
Required Course Materials
- Hanvey, Heeg, Kreitl, Lloyd, & Yarnelle (2010). Ready or Not: Beginning Your Career Journey
- Online modules (through MyCourses)
- The purchase of the book is optional. The readings will be available as PDFs through MyCourses
2020 Summer CDCI 200 (Online Only) Registration Instructions
Instructions for CURRENT Binghamton University Students
1. To register for CDCI 200, returning Binghamton University students only need to complete the CDCI200 student information form.
- If you do not receive a confirmation from CDCI@binghamton.edu, you have NOT been registered for the class.
- Students should check BU Brain to ensure they have been registered for the correct class.
Instructions for NEW incoming Binghamton University Students
These instructions are for NEW Fall 2020 Binghamton University incoming matriculated undergraduate students ONLY. New incoming students must complete the CDCI 200 student information form and submit a summer 2020 application through the Admissions office.
1. Complete the CDCI student information form
2. Complete the Summer Session Application.
- Note: This form is located under the “New fall 2020 Binghamton University matriculated undergraduate students” section on the admissions webpage.
- Click on “Apply for summer 2020 online“.
- You will first need to create an account (using the link found below the Login button). You will then be able to complete the summer application.
- Please contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions regarding the Admissions Summer Session Application.
3. Once you have submitted both the Admissions Summer Application and the CDCI Information form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the Admissions office has processed your application, we will register you for the CDCI 200 class and send you a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email confirmation from CDCI@binghamton.edu, you have NOT been registered for the class.
Students should check BU Brain to ensure they have been registered for the correct class.
Course Information and Registration Deadlines
This online course is taught entirely through MyCourses, and includes self-guided networking assignments to encourage connections with employers.
- Earn two academic credits
- The deadline to complete the CDCI 200 interest form for Summer Session Term I (May 26 – June 26) is May 20.
- The deadline to complete interest form for Summer Session Term II (July 6 – August 7) is July 1.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions about registering for this course.
For more information on the course, please contact CDCI@binghamton.edu.
For information on costs related to the class, contact Student Accounts.
For information regarding applicable financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office.