Schedule a Mock Interview
Practice Your Interviewing Skills with a Mock Interview
The Fleishman Center offers practice mock interviews throughout the academic year. These mock interviews are a great way to prepare for an actual upcoming employment or internship interview, sharpen your interview skills before you have interviews scheduled, and get feedback to improve upon your interviewing skills.
- Available weekly during the academic year.
- Each interview is approximately 30 minutes in length, with 15-20 minutes for the interview, and 10 minutes for the feedback process.
- Eligibility: Mock interviews are open to all matriculated undergraduate and graduate students and Alumni who have graduated within the last six months. Due to high demand for practice mock interviews, students are limited to a maximum of three practice mock interviews each semester.
How to Sign up for a Practice/Mock Interview
- Log into your hireBING account and, if you haven’t already done so, UPLOAD the resume which you wish to use for the mock interview to “Documents” in your hireBING account
- Click “Career Center” in the top left corner and then select “Appointments“
- Depending on your class, choose either “Undergraduate” or “Graduate”
- Select “Practice Mock Interview” as your Appointment Type
- Select a career consultant at the top of the page if you have a preference, otherwise use the calendar to schedule an interview with a staff member during a day and time that works for you.
- When scheduling your appointment, please use the Appointment Details Area to supply any additional information.
- Shortly thereafter you will receive an appointment request approval email.
- Please review our online resources with tips on effective interviewing prior to your mock interview.
How to Prepare for Your Mock InterviewBefore your practice mock interview, review our online resources on effective interviewing. This will help you learn the types of questions you may be asked, interview preparation, advice from employers, and how to dress for an interview. For additional practice, please consider a practice interview online through Big Interview, our virtual interview practice software. You can access Big Interview through your hireBING acccount under the Resources section.
Note: To get additional advice on interviews, please visit the Fleishman Center during Walk-in hours, attend upcoming interviewing programs, and practice your interviewing skills and receive feedback through Big Interview, our online interview platform. Please contact the Fleishman Center at email@example.com with any questions.